We celebrated Mother’s Day this morning with a brunch at home for my mum and grandma – I’m feeling like a bit of a domestic goddess after successfully making hollandaise sauce from scratch for our eggs benedict. Score! I hope you enjoyed your day as much as I did, whether you were with your mum or not.
Check out what I’ve been looking at on the interwebs this week below:
- I adored Serial when it came out last winter, and Jasmine Charlotte’s round-up of similar true crime podcasts is something I can’t wait to get my teeth into.
- The Night Manager is something I’ve heard people raving about over the last few weeks and I finally got around to watching it – it’s brilliant. Like Bond, but a bit smarter and more understated. Next on my list is Thirteen!
- Life on the road as a trucker doesn’t exactly appeal to me, but Melissa Rojas, one of the few female truckers on the highways of America is a very interesting lady.
- I discovered Josie of Sick Chick Chic‘s blog this week and spent a bit of time looking back through her archives – she’s a fashion blogger with Cystic Fybrosis and it’s interesting to learn a bit more about an illness I knew very little about.
- I love cool design hotels but I don’t often have the dolla dolla to stay in them – Stylist has rounded up a few in Europe with rooms for less than £100 a night and some are even under £60! The picture below is The Daniel in Vienna where doubles start at just £76.
- There’s definitely something voyeuristic about me and I adore the Experience series in the guardian, where one person describes an unusual event they’ve experienced. I spent a few hours trawling back through the archives this week, which was time well spent.